Program Director – United States
- Employer: High Resolves
- Work Type/s: Permanent, Full Time
- Location: New Orleans, Louisiana; remote locations considered
- Start Date: Immediately, but no later than June 28, 2021
- Reports To: CEO, North America
Job posted on:
28 April, 2021
31 May, 2021
High Resolves seeks a Program Director to lead our work in the United States from our office hub in New Orleans, Louisiana. This is a dynamic role in a growing organization. We are looking for a unique person who will be able to lead the strategy and growth of the regional hub and lead programmatic delivery of our content with students, teachers, and education leaders.
In addition to all the responsibilities described below, you will be expected to help lead and contribute to a growing, nimble, and enterprising organization. If you thrive in that type of environment, this may be the position for you!
This role will:
- • be accountable for overseeing all key relationships with schools and organizations in our hub in the Greater New Orleans area, and in spokes throughout the region. High Resolves currently partners with schools in Miami, Florida, and Charlotte, North Carolina. We seek to grow our presence in both locations and add additional cities.
- • facilitate workshops on topics related to civic skills and civic dispositions (social justice, identity & purpose, etc.) to groups of ~60 middle and high school students
- • deliver professional development workshops to teachers, school/district administrators and the staff of youth organizations
- • expand High Resolves’s program into additional schools and youth organizations throughout the region
- • develop and maintain relationships with key external organizations in the Greater New Orleans area and throughout the US South
- • recruit, hire, on-board and manage facilitators to deliver High Resolves programming to middle and high school students and educators working in schools and other organizations
As Program Director for the US South, you will have the opportunity to impact the lives of thousands of middle and high school students by giving them access to the High Resolves program and ensuring consistent, professional delivery of the program.
This is a special role that will provide the right person with an opportunity to develop partnerships from the classroom to the boardroom. If you can excel in both environments and you align with High Resolves’ mission, values and our vision of a generation of young people making a positive difference to the world, we want to meet you.
Partner Relationship Development
- • Execute expansion campaigns to increase the number of schools and youth organizations partnering with High Resolves to maximize our reach to young people
- • Develop and utilize networks of relationships to encourage individual schools and youth organizations to participate in the program
- • Maintain and grow relationships with school and non-profit executives within all partnerships
- • Deliver High Resolves programming to staff, leadership and students within partner schools and organizations
- • Lead 2 – 2 ½ hour immersive student workshops on civic skills and civic dispositions to groups of approximately 60 Middle or High School students
- • Lead teacher professional development sessions and workshops to teachers and school administrators on topics related to civic skills and civic dispositions (identity & purpose, social justice, social progress, personal impact, etc).
Strategic Relationship Management
- • Develop and maintain relationships with sponsors and influential advocates who can support the expansion of the program
- • Develop and maintain relationships with key educational bodies (e.g. school boards, government departments, education associations)
- • Develop and maintain relationships with universities identified as strategic partners Internal Collaboration
- • Pro-actively contribute to the continuous improvement of all aspects of the High Resolves organization
- • Collaborate with Program Directors in other locations (currently in Toronto, Los Angeles and throughout Australia) to ensure we share and develop best practices
- • Lead ad hoc projects as/when required, including event preparations
- • Provide regular reports to senior management on status of agreed major activities Staff Management
- • Ensure that all operational aspects of the Program Facilitator role are being completed to an appropriate quality level and on a timely basis
- • Passion for, and commitment to, the High Resolves mission, vision and core values
- • An understanding of how public middle and high schools and districts operate; with experience as a classroom t• teacher and/or school administrator preferred
- • Bachelor’s level degree in a relevant discipline, or equivalent knowledge and experience; Master’s Degree preferred
- • A demonstrated ability to work effectively as part of a small team as well as the motivation and ability to work independently
- • Demonstrated ability to network, establish relationships and deliver high-quality presentations
- • Experience in developing and/or executing marketing campaigns
- • High developed oral and written communication and time management skills
- • Proficiency with the use of Mac OS, Microsoft Office and iWork applications; familiarity with Salesforce and Dropbox preferred
- • Access to own vehicle and willingness to travel within and outside of the Greater New Orleans Area by car and to other locations within the US South by air
- • Successful background check
- • Base salary for the successful applicant: $65,000 – $85,000
- • The package also includes an additional annual performance bonus of $10,000 that will be pro-rated in 2021 based on actual service. Bonuses are paid in January each year in relation to performance in the previous year.
Applications must include a brief 1 – 2 page cover letter outlining why you are interested in the role and how you best fit our selection criteria as a successful candidate. Please include your resume and at least two references. References will not be contacted without the applicant’s awareness and consent.
Email your application (including cover letter, resume and references) to Josh Densen, CEO North America, at email@example.com. The deadline for applications is May 31, 2021.