The Videos for Change Online Program provides an opportunity for the exploration of authentic youth perspective and voice on critical social issues, locally and globally. The seven-step learning framework supports students to develop a deeper understanding of issues impacting their communities, while building critical competencies needed to be effective global citizens and leaders. The learning journey focuses on creative expression, the formation of a social action narrative, and the use of video to reach and inspire others to act. The culminating experience of entering a competition provides a platform for sharing videos with the wider community to amplify student voice and maximise reach and impact beyond direct networks.
- Civic engagement
- Collective leadership
- Creative thinking
- Critical thinking
- Effective collaboration
Step 1 – Imagine
- Students understand the core components of Videos for Change and explore the power of video as a tool to inform, raise awareness, and motivate positive social change on a local and global scale.
- Students choose a social issue that they’re passionate about to be the focus of their video and develop their understanding of the major causes, effects, and action pathways. They set the foundations of their narrative by considering what they want their audience to think, feel, and do after watching their video.
- Students decide on a creative approach they want to take to the construction of their narrative; choosing a style of video and engaging in storyboarding processes to bring each element to life.
Step 2 – Create
- Students take on key roles and responsibilities to help them effectively engage in the creative processes, which may involve a live-action approach, animation, or other alternative methods of visual storytelling.
- Students understand the importance of permissions and copyright when producing their video.
- Students learn about and employ a range of video-making techniques to produce an impactful finished product. They receive valuable tips on composition, setting the tone for their video, effective lighting techniques, capturing quality sound, etc.
- Students use an editing program to piece together their final content and incorporate copyright-free materials (images, music, sound) to help enhance their story and make their message of change as powerful as possible.
Step 3 – Share
- Students discover a range of ways to share their video in order to maximize its reach and impact. They are encouraged to enter their video into relevant Videos for Change competitions in order to join a global community of young change-makers from around the world.
- Students reflect on their learning experience, celebrate their achievements, and build strategies for amplifying their voice as agents of social change.
Contact us today to book the Videos for Change Online Program
Each student will need:
- A secure internet connection
- Access to an internet-enabled device (laptop/computer preferred) that allows them to watch short embedded videos
- It is recommended that students use Google Chrome when logging into the Videos for Change Online Program